In order to build an email list, you need a powerful lead generation tool. You get more benefits when the right people visit your site and end up becoming subscribers. This is the reason behind the current trend of building email lists for marketing campaigns. And this is exactly what you can achieve with this plugin. Let’s see in this OptinMonster Review if it really can live up to its hype.
1. Why use it
In most cases, website visitors follow a common pattern: They get to the site, determine whether it’s good for their purpose and if so, then read it and leave. Unfortunately, 70 percent of those visitors will likely never come back after leaving. This is why you want to get the visitor’s email address, to target this user in your campaigns and, hopefully, make him/her return to your website.
To work with this plugin, you do not require any expertise in email marketing. The plugin is simple and powerful as we will see in this OptinMonster Review. It also does not require server space because most things will be served from the plugin’s own servers. There are many other characteristics that make the plugin appeal to users:
- Attractive and clean designs.
- User-friendly interface.
- Visitor-friendly and interactive forms.
- An exit intent feature. When this feature is activated, a visitor gets a popup form when about to leave the site. Why? Because you want to reduce the distraction. You do not want to disturb the visitor with a popup form every time a page loads.
2. Installing and Configuring it
The easiest way to install this plugin is from your WordPress backend “Add Plugins”. However, you can also download it from the WordPress official repository and then use the upload button. With more than 800,000 active installations so far, OptinMonster is surely the most popular email list-building plugin for a website. The main goal for this plugin is to help you get as many email subscribers as possible. This is why the plugin is key to email marketing professionals.
Once you install it on your site, you need to connect the plugin to your OptinMonster account. After creating an account, you will then be issued with an API key. Once you insert that key, you are good to go.
Once you install the plugin, you will automatically get access to the following features and characteristics:
- Numerous templates to design your forms.
- Slide-in, footer and lightbox forms.
- The ability to add HTML and CSS to your forms.
- Create unlimited and different forms for different purposes in different posts and pages.
- Form analytics/insights for each form.
- Instant A/B testing (testing the most effective campaigns for your site).
- Integration with the main email marketing services. These are MailChimp, GetResponse, Aweber, ConstantContact, Infusionsoft, CampaignMonitor and many others.
- Mobile forms.
- Additional types of forms (full-screen, floating bar, blank, after post and in-content).
- Yes or No question forms.
- Adblock detection
- Success templates (shown on positive interactions).
4. Pros and Cons
- A single interface that can be used to manage multiple sites. This plugin offers a hosted service rather than just a plugin service.
- Ability to create campaigns using email marketing services.
- Easily customizable, appealing and interactive forms.
- Created by developers behind other popular plugins including MonsterInsights, WPForms and SeedProd.
- No free version. You are not able to test the plugin/service before you can decide to get the full features.
- The price is a little prohibitive to sites that are just starting out with little or no subscribers.
In this OptinMonster Review, we saw why it’s considered the best lead generation and popup plugin for WordPress. It has both revolutionary features and great developers behind. There are, however, other plugins that offer similar features:
- Popup Maker (free with pro addons).
- Icegram (free and pro).
- GetSiteControl (free and pro).
- Sumo List Builder (free and pro).
- WP Subscribe Pro (paid annually).
- Ninja Popups (one-time lifetime pay)
OptinMonster plugin is, therefore, an important tool for your website. It helps you to build your email list and run email campaigns. If you are looking to increase the engagement of your users, there’re no better candidate out there!
- Time Saved: 7/10
- Performance: 9/10
- Easy to use: 9/10
- Extensibility: 8/10
- Price: 6/10 ($99/month 10 Sites, $59/month 5 Sites, $39/month 3 Sites and $19/month 1 Site)
Want to read more? Check out our review of MonsterInsights!